Wednesday, February 16, 2011

AdMob and mobile advertising.

I have been using admob ads for the last half year in our Tasls App for Android, and I have come to several conclusuion.

Too few advertizers.
In the last month or so I have seen at most 10 different ads. 10 is too few for one month. Whenever there is a new ad I see the click rate growing, but after several days its back again. So the result is that people click on the add, but as there are only 10, they get tired of them quickly. I am not blocking or filtering any type of ad and this low number of ad variety is common across all admob users, you can find many blogs discussing it. This leads me to my next point.

Only the middle man wins
When ads are being shown on my page advertisers loose money, and publishers like me don't gain much from this. The only one that really gains is the middle man, AdMob(Google). They say, mobile advertizing is growing. It is true, but only for the middle man.

Is there a solution?
Google should work harder to bring more advertizers. Bring them will be a win-win situation for all the parties involved.

Should I switch from AdMob?
Well, no. Unfortunately, admob is the best there is now. Its biggest competitor, Moblix has several critical problems. I won't discusse them you can find more info in other blogs, I will just mention them: problems with paying out, frequent correction of previous earned amounts.

Well, that is for me now. I just wrote that because I think we should put more presser on Google so that they do better job and bring more advertizers to AdMob.

No comments: